POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Been a while (124kb) : Been a while (124kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Been a while (124kb)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 11 Jan 2002 20:42:57
Message: <3c3f94a1@news.povray.org>
Closing in on 4 months since I last posted anything. Anyone ever notice that
they come back from a long "povray break" to find themselves better, or at
least with fresh ideas and a renewed interest? Anyway I recently dug up a
project I started a long time ago, modelling my garage, and have been
working on it these past couple of days. Object wise this is by far the
densest image I've done, also the reason I quit the project a while back.
There are still a few things I'd like to add but its getting very close to
being finished, besides there are other things I'd like to play with :-)
There are 1700 some odd objects here, all modeled in Moray or Rhino, by
objects I mean primitives. Took 5Hrs 44Mins to render on Pov 3.5 Beta 9. I
played around with various radiosity settings, I could not decide between
recursion 3 and recursion 1, I settled on 1 because 3 looked a little too
washed out but it had more of a nice warm feeling.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'house - garage 3.JPG' (125 KB)

Preview of image 'house - garage 3.JPG'
house - garage 3.JPG